Sunday, January 20, 2008

Moving More!

So, a girl in my ward just started an aerobics group meeting Monday's and Wednesday's at the church. I went this morning for the first time. It is the first time in forever I have taken part in something like this. It felt good, and I think it will help me with my weekend cravings. If I am going to take the time and effort to do aerobics, I think I will be less likely to "ruin" my effort with bad choices, but I guess we shall see how that goes!!!

I am enjoying these "groups" that have started all over LDS Relief Societies. It gives the chance for people to focus in the areas where they would like to gain learning or friendship, rather than everyone attending one monthly generic, waste-of-time meeting for "enrichment". My friend Angie and I just started a "Mom & Me" group and a "book club" group. I decided it was time I gain some assertiveness and start the things that I am wishing for around here. So, we made fliers and signups on Sunday, and we had quite a positive turnout to the "Mom & Me" group. It made me feel good that I am not the only one needing friendship around here. It has turned out quite well so far, we shall see if it continues. I would encourage all you out there to start groups in your RS. It can be so much fun and really create a platform to meet and gain necessary friendships in your area.

No comments: