Sunday, January 20, 2008

Diet Food Review


I decided this week to taste test a variety of "diet" snack foods so that I know what I can count on when I am needing an evil treat! With all that I purchased, I should have snacks for the next couple months! So, here are my reviews on some of them:

Weight Watchers Blueberry Muffins: 3 points (Divine!) I love blueberries and occasionally need my bakery naughtiness! This fits for me!

Cheetos Asteroids (they come in the 100 calorie packs!) These are the devil and do taste like Cheetos. Divine if you are needing to sin!

Doritos (100 calorie pack: They taste like the real thing, and probably are, that is why you get about 5; just kidding! But, they are tasty and also perfect for a fix. At 2 points, is affordable for a snack!

Haven't tried the Sun Chips yet!

The Hershey's and Reese's 100 calorie packs? The Reese's Peanut Butter snacksters are divine and only 2 points (I think!) They are great if you are wanting peanut butter naughtiness. Not being a big chocolate fan I have not touched the Hershey's one, but can imagine they are great for the chocolate fix!

The Ritz Snack Mixes----they have several varieties---the new Extra Cheese mix is the only way to go in my opinion. The others aren't as scrumptious and not worth the points in my opinion.

The Snackwell's Creme Sandwiches are delicious (a favorite treat of mine) but you only get 2 cookies for 2 points!

I have heard FABULOUS things about the Fiber One bar (oats & peanut butter). Only 2 points, I have heard they are delicious and fabulous! And TONS of fiber if you are needing some regularity!

The Keebler Fudge Shoppe Mini Fudge Stripe Cookies (100 Calorie Right Bites) are divine. Also, suggested to me, and fabulous at only 2 points a bag!

Costco has a four-pack of "Natural Request" Lean Entree meals. They are 7 points for Weight Watchers. I had the "Sesame Chicken" entree tonight, when everyone else had lasagna. Not being a big chicken fan, I was impressed and thought it was pretty good! I would definately recommend these meals!

Not to beat a dead horse, but a Costco membership is so helpful. You can get the big boxes of the Doritos, Sun Chips, and Cheetos Asteroid 100 Calorie Packs, and also the big boxes of the Reeses and Nestle 100 Calorie Snacksters! A great value!
And great for those cravings!

No comments: