Sunday, January 20, 2008

The Alternative Bagel!

"The Alternative Bagel"

OK, I love bread, bread, and more bread! At the Weight Watchers meeting, this "Alternative Bagel" came highly recommended. They say they are hard to find, even at the Walmart, due to their popularity. I guess they normally can be found in the cream cheese refrigerated area of the Walmart. I was happy to track down some of the "roasted onion" variety yesterday. They are only 1 point for 1 bagel, and only 110 calories. I am ALL for that! Anyway, I just put some fat-free cream cheese on my toasted bagel, and enjoyed a bit of heaven for a couple minutes! I highly recommend this product if you are needing the carbs, but want to do it in a better, low-cal, high-fiber manner! FABULOUS PRODUCT!

2 comments:

Kelly said...

Thank you for the alternative bagel blog! Must be a Hall trait, Steve is a self-described "carbaholic." Now I know what to get him! Good luck! You're awesome!

Jennifer Crawford said...

These are pretty "BA" on the taste buds!

My favorite salty morsel of deliciousness:

Homemade pita chips-
buy the "Kangaroo Pocket" brand pita pockets (whole grain). One pocket is actually a half pita- split it open and cut each half into 4 triangular peices (yielding 8)

Place these on a cookie sheet and spray with PAM olive oil and sprinkle lightly with sea salt, pepper and garlic powder.

Bake at 350 for about 6 minutes and then flip. Bake for 5 or 6 more minutes until browned and crunchy.

All 8 are 1 point! Pure deliciousness and the perfect fix for a salty fix. I will eat these with a little tuna salad (made with light mayo). Jen loves them with fat free cottage cheese. If you really wanna live- pick up a jar of julliened sundried tomatoes in olive oil and mix a spoonful with fat free creem cheese....That there is GOOD EATIN' as we say in Texas.