Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Mind Tricks!

Talk about thinking errors galore swirling through my head at the moment! (In relation to food that is---well, I am sure they relate to other things too, but forget about it, with the food and weight loss, it is going CRAZY!)

So, even though I didn't want to, and had lots of faulty good reasons floating through my head of why not to go, I did go work out today. Well, I went, but with all 3 kids 3 and under being "fun", and my lack of stamina, not much got done. However, I did get out, do a little, and that is a success for today.

It is amazing the lies we tell ourselves. I thought after eating whatever I wanted in Vegas, when it was time to buckle down again, it would be totally easy, as I would have gotten all my cravings out of the way. WRONG!!!!!! It has been so much harder. That is why I am not so smart with food. It is only common sense that after binging, and lack of self-control, being in control of oneself will be harder. But no, I fall prey to that thought that "if I get it out of my system, than it will be so much easier" when I get going again. Amazing the lies we tell ourselves. It has been rougher than ever, and my motivation is lacking tremendously. It was great to read Lanette's blog (found on the left). It was very motivating. She suggests having a plan after your relapse. She said you need to realize the day after you have made bad choices, is harder. Sounds obvious, and has been true for me, but I have always told myself the opposite. I think that is what makes it so easy to justify having a "bad" day or weekend.

Also motivational, Bon's blog. She compared weight issues to smoking and other habits. She made some very good points. All these have been helpful to me in rectifying my thinking errors and put me back on track. I don't think I am back on track yet, but I can feel my desire to give up diminishing. So, I thank everyone for their help and motivation. It has made a big difference in my world today. I have to say, that is what makes me appreciate the blogging and technology worlds. So much to offer. Thanks! Check out Bon's blog and her posting: Confessions, Consumption, and Counterfeits.

No comments: