Thursday, March 6, 2008

3 steps forward, 2 steps back! (I am frightened, isn't this a Paula Abdul song?)

As I have been saying way too many times this week, food is a dilemma for me. So, I was at Olive Garden last night with some friends. Mixed feelings. Again. I did better than usual. I did not get my usual Olive Garden entree: Manicotti (and I wonder why I have had a weight problem?) Anyway, I didn't do the Manicotti, but still had the salad (with dressing, oops!), 3 breadsticks and one bowl of their soup. So, I did WAY better than I would have in the past, but still EXTREMELY bad for Weight Watchers.

I think that is what I am learning----SLOWLY, to make BETTER choices. I still am not making the BEST choices, but slowly, I am learning to do better than I have been doing for the last ten years. I have the belief that if I keep doing better, I will slowly evolve into someone who can make the BEST choices on a regular basis. It is totally BABY STEPS for me. So, we will see what effect this has on my weigh in tomorrow. That is always the scary part!!! Thank goodness I bypassed "Costa Vida" the other day. That would have really done me in.

No comments: