Friday, November 21, 2008

It's been a while---

OK, it's been a little while since I have blogged. Whoops. Have I almost lost 100 pounds? No. I am down about 12 pounds from when I started last year. Lots has happened----I have continued to pursue various weight loss options; which I will not discuss in depth. Despite various attempts and methods, I am not too successful.

I was encouraged that I have lost 2.5 pounds in the last two weeks----which is good for me considering Halloween. We shall see how it all goes with Thanksgiving next week. I am grateful that I have not GAINED weight this year. That is an achievement for me. So, looks like you will still be stuck with this fat girl for a while---progress is slow, but maybe one day those mashed potatoes, cheese fries, rice pilaf with shrimp (and a couple touches of buttah), pizza, pasta (with a friendly amount of cheese), won't look so tempting. Until then------

Anyway, it's too bad food is such a good friend. Always there, and always so reliable. For shame.

And for some reason, exercise is not such a good friend. We are not joined at the hip for some reason. Maybe cause it requires effort, self-control, and energy. All commodities I don't have a lot of lately.

Many of my friends have been running marathons. One of my friends said if you can run a mile, you can train yourself to the point of running a marathon. My response, "Oh crap, you have to be able to run a mile?" And you know what else is funny? People actually pay money to run these marathons. And, they are actually really competitive. You can't compete in some of the great marathons if you don't get good times for the smaller marathons. These concepts are so foreign to me, which may be part of my problem.

Anyway, this journey will be a long one, and longer because of my love for the chips/treat aisle of the grocery store. Next time I am at the store, maybe I can pick up some motivation and determination to help me out!

No comments: